Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Intentional teaching

From the sound of it, this could be a long post, a paper, or a book. Nope.

Short sweet and simple.
Be intentional!

I believe in being intentional in everything that I do in the classroom. There is a reason for the reading, the talking, the moving, the singing, the rapping, the "being a rapper" for a few minutes, the art, the poetry, the arrangement of the room, everything! Everything has a "why"!

Intentional, though I may be, I tend to be accident prone! Accidents do happen in the room and they are phenomenal instances of equally important intentional teaching and learning experiences!

We call these accidents..............wait for it............wait for it.............wait.........hold up..............ready?..........teachable moments!!

{que the "ahhhhhhh" and the text lingo 'lol'}

lol

No comments:

Post a Comment