Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, December 4, 2014

No, I REALLY can't breathe!!

It was sickening to learn that a grand jury, yet again, decided not to indict a white police officer on charges in the death of an unarmed black man, one, Eric Garner. Despite what was seen in the video and the medical examiner's report, no indictment....again!

Last night, as I learned of the inaction taken by the grand jury, my thoughts raced all over the place as I decided not to entrench myself in what normally would have been a twitter tirade complete with hashtag activism and the retweeting the words that were in my head but couldn't come out the way I wanted!

I just couldn't and still can't seem to....breathe!

Even this post could go on and on and on and on and on and ON!!! But I really need to sit back and catch. my. breath!

No comments:

Post a Comment