Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Monday, November 24, 2014

Table 3

Today we watched Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, this after having already read the book. The goal, compare and contrast the book with the film--analyzing the plot and other narrative elements. But that's not what I want to write about.

It's the eating of the meatballs that's more interesting and particularly the students who sit at table 3. So, after distributing plates, forks, cups, and bread, the kids really felt as if they were in a restaurant and said as much. But table 3, (play on words intended), took the cake.

First, I admired how they all decided to hold hands and say grace before eating. No I didn't stop them! Why?

Second, I admired how one girl, after they all were served Hawaiin Punch, led them all in a toast....with their styrofoam cups! Love it!

Then, to hear a kid say, "No, this is how you're supposed to drink it" and holds the cup with one hand and sticks pinky finger out....that all made my day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment