Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Monday, November 3, 2014

Dear Me

Dear Me,
You are the teacher in your classroom! A lot of people who can't name one child in your room have a lot to say about it, but remember, YOU are the teacher in that classroom! You know your kids' struggles in the classroom and at home! You know who likes to draw, teach, write, compute, and compete! You know who prefers to read aloud and who does well reading silently. You know who buys pretzels every week and who always needs an extra dime for one! You know how far they've come and you can envision where they're headed! You know this because YOU are the teacher in the room!

You don't make millions or billions, but you are the world to your kids, your presence is priceless! You can't offer them everything, but those munchkins from Dunkin meant everything to them! That candy at the end of the day, made a kid's day! That hug was the only hug they got all week and made them feel special! That high five? Boy did that kid light up! How do I know? Because I, Stephen R. Flemming, am the teacher in this room and can't no devil in hell tell me how to be the best teacher I can be in THIS room!

Sincerely,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment