Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

"Are we ever going to get art?"

Yesterday during our bathroom break one of my 3rd graders, "Mr. Flemming, are we ever going to get art?"

Me, "I doubt it. That's why I try to do as much art in the classroom with you as possible."

Note: At John B. Kelly Elementary School (a real public school), we have an art teacher once a week, Tuesdays. That's up from none during some years and one day more than what many other schools currently have.

-_-

(Pssst! Pssst! Hey! Shhhh, I thought you should know that today there was a rally for more charters in Philly http://www.philly.com/philly/education/Charter-school-advocates-rally-for-expansion.html, I'm guessing now we'll go back to 0 days a week for the art teacher)


No comments:

Post a Comment