Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Friday, August 8, 2014

Suburban Station Music...again

Waiting for the train at Suburban Station, listening to young students from one of OUR public schools skillfully play the violin and cello! I asked them where they attend school. SHOUT OUT TO Creative and Performing Arts High School (CAPA)!!!!!

I've blogged and tweeted about this before,  but it's good to see young black talent showcasing their talents on an informal, yet prestigious platform. SEPTA's Suburban Station is a hubbub of middle and upper class, well-to-do foot traffic. It's the center point of SEPTA's regional rail trains' center city stations.

For those unfamiliar with our regional rail system, this system of trains transports passengers to and from Center City Philadelphia to and from Delaware,  New Jersey and to and from Philadelphia's wealthy neighboring counties.

Keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment