Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Reply to State Rep Milne

An excerpt from ~~> http://www.newsworks.org/index.php/homepage-feature/item/69972-cigarette-tax-for-philly-schools-clears-major-hurdle-in-pa-house?linktype=hp_impact

"Milne falls into a camp that remains skeptical of the Philadelphia School District's ability to appropriately manage its finances – despite all the austerity measures the district has undertaken during Superintendent William Hite's tenure."

It is important to note that the School District has been under STATE control and monitoring since 2000/2001. Under their watchful eye our deficit has ballooned!

No comments:

Post a Comment