Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Not again!

Dear Keiearra, Thomas, and Terrence,
I really am at a lost for words! No words can describe the pain and the anguish your family and this city is experiencing right now! No words can describe the agony of your friends and classmates who won't see you for another "First Day of School". Unfortunately, the teacher won't be calling your names for you to say "here". Instead, in terms of walking, talking, and laughing with your friends in the classroom and school yard, you're "absent" and that makes a whole lot of us sad! Where you exist and forever will exist is in the hearts and memories of those who knew you!

Those guys who stole a car, then lost control, hit you all and ran, they are the jerks and cowards! Instead of working hard to get what they want out of life like y'all did, they decided they'd rather take from people! They took a car, but most importantly, they took you guys away from us and that's not cool at all yo! Real rap! IT'S NOT COOL!!!!! They took!!! They took!!! They took!!!! They took y'all away from your mother, your friends, your family, your neighborhood, your school, your future!!! Those scumbags took from us!!

Don't worry though! We've got some good detectives and prosecutors out there! I hope they take their freedom, if not more than that for taking y'all away from us!

Tonight I prayed. I prayed that all of this nonsense would stop! When I prayed, I cried tonight, thinking about you.

Rest Well Dear Hearts!

~Mr. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment