Some call me "Flem"

My photo
I'm an elementary school teacher turned high school English teacher, School-Based Teacher Leader (SBTL), and adjunct professor here in Philly. These posts are the views, as I see them, from room 105, my first classroom number. Enjoy, engage, and share!

Saturday, March 15, 2014

No cops?

I'm wondering where the throngs of police are! I'm in Center City and I see dozens and dozens upon dozens of teen, twenty, and thirty-something year old people at Suburban Station. They are loud. They are carrying boxes of beer. Some have these noise makers. And all of them are dressed in green! What I don't see is what speaks volumes. Not a police officer to be found. Not one in sight! No news cameras covering the "violence" or "flash mobs"! No press conferences by the mayor or any other public official about how they are not going to tolerate this in Philadelphia!

Maybe if everyone's skin tone was a darker hue, we could get a cop around here! Surely because all these young people are gathered and are loud, they MUST be up to no good and need the heavy arm of the law to come down on them!

Geez, the things we have to do to get cops around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment